Old April 1st 06, 07:32 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Cecil Moore

Default Current through coils

Gene Fuller wrote:
You issued a "challenge" to design and report on a loading coil for 4
MHz, with a whip of 8 feet. I responded with a solution that used a whip
length of 10 feet.

No, you didn't! You responded with a antenna
length of 11.775 feet, 3.775 feet longer than the agreed upon
8 foot antenna. It wasn't the whip that was to be 8 feet, it
was the entire antenna. I made that perfectly clear early on
so it would match the mobile antennas in the ARRL Antenna Handbook.

You did not acknowledge the changes you made until I complained.

Of course I did. Go back and read my postings about such.
It wasn't until you complained that I sent you the corrected
EZNEC files. I made a severe blunder in the traveling wave
model and you copied my blunder.
--
73, Cecil http://www.qsl.net/w5dxp