Old April 1st 06, 08:11 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
K7ITM

Default Current through coils

Why, yes, in fact it is true that I don't agree in every case with the
unknown guru you've placed on a pedestal above all reproach. So there.
It is also true that I do not agree with your (mis)interpretation of
what your unknown guru has written.

I REGULARLY model transmission lines as "lumped elements" and do NOT
"presuppose that the speed of light" through them is infinite.

I REGULARLY model op amps as "lumped elements" and do NOT presuppose
that the phase shift (and therefore propagation time) through them is
infinite.

I REGULARLY model analog to digital converters as "lumped elements" and
do NOT presuppose that the result comes out at the same time as the
signal that goes in.

I REGULARLY model inductors as "lumped elements", and do not presuppose
that they have no resistances and capacitances parasitic to their
inductANCE.

I find that my models very reliably predict the behaviour I actually
observe in the circuits I build. I am served very well by the models I
use.

By the way, what's EE203? It's very likely that I missed not only that
day but all such days. You yourself may well be presupposing something
that isn't true.

Cheers,
Tom