Old April 1st 06, 08:14 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Cecil Moore

Default Current through coils

K7ITM wrote:
YOUR model doesn't have any capacitance to the outside world, as YOU
have posted and repeated till you are perhaps blue in the face. (No
charge storage translates very directly to no capacitance, in case
anyone could have missed that.)

I do wish you guys would argue in good faith.

***STRAWMAN ALERT***
I didn't say there was no capacitance to the outside world. I said
such is a secondary effect, not a primary effect, and for the sake
of the present argument, can be ignored as secondary effects often
are ignored.

Because of that YOUR model has, guess what, ZERO time delay along the
coil.

No, transmission lines have negligible capacitance to the outside
world and their time delays are NOT zero. You straw man is just
not believable.

It is ONLY through a combination of both inductance AND capacitance
that you get propagation velocities equal to or less than the speed of
light.

Yes, and that capacitance can be either internal or external.
I'm ignoring the rest of your posting because it is based on
the false premises of your straw man. But you get an 'A' in
Obfuscation 101.

It amazes me that you fought so hard for a distributed model in which
that capacitance to the outside world is missing, ...

It is *NOT* missing. That is just your straw man. It is just
secondary to the addition of the forward and reflected current
phasors.

At a point where the the forward and reflected current phasors
add up to zero, it's hard for anything else to contribute much
of an effect.
--
73, Cecil http://www.qsl.net/w5dxp