Old March 13th 04, 08:02 PM
Peter Dougherty

(Peter Lemken) said :

However, a new operator is supposed to join the team within the next two
days and he will at least bring an amplifier and *experience* to the island.
Most of the operators are not aware of the European opening times, which is
why the level of frustration is so high among the European stations.

Peter,
Not just EU is frustrated. Even modest stations in the northeastern
parts of North America are having a tough time of it, both due to bad
propagation in the last few days and inexperienced operators. W1s
especially, but 2's aren't much better off.

For a station essentially off the coast of XE/W6 land it should be no
problem for anybody in NA to work them reliably on most bands, but
it's not the case. Nothing here on 10 or 12 at all (although I suspect
that's propagation - MUF hasn't been above 22 or 23 MHz for the last
week at my QTH), only a faint whisper on 40 last week and nothing on
80 (though many in NA did get them on 80, they were inaudible here).

73 de Peter, W2IRT
(ex-AB2NZ, VE3THX)

Please reply to Double-you Two Eye Are Tee at Arrl.net