Old April 1st 06, 10:56 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Cecil Moore

Default Current through coils

Tom Donaly wrote:
Cecil, there are two Corums and they're both Tesla coil
crackpots. Secondly, Tom is right, you have to have capacitance
to somewhere or your transmission line analogy becomes mired in
absurdities.

Would you guys please stop implying falsehoods and make an
attempt to argue in good faith? I didn't say the capacitance
didn't exist. I said it was a secondary effect to the superposition
of the forward and reflected waves. That you are forced to twist
what I said speaks volumes about your argument. Why don't you feel
secure enough in your technical argument not to have to twist my
words into something I didn't say?

Third, it isn't enough to think something up in
your head to make a convincing theory, you have to be able to
predict behavior with it.

I have predicted behavior on http://www.qsl.net/w5dxp/current.htm
with text surrounding http://www.qsl.net/w5dxp/1WLDIP.GIF. That
graphic is not disembodied as you claimed. It is surrounded with
examples and text, more than enough proof for any rational person.

The current at each end of a coil obviously depends upon where it
is installed in the standing wave antenna system. Your wearing of
blinders doesn't hide that technical fact from anyone except yourself.
--
73, Cecil http://www.qsl.net/w5dxp