Old April 2nd 06, 12:47 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
ml

Default Any recomends on a Auto tuner

In article .com,
"KG0WX" wrote:

Depends on how bad a mismatch and how much RF you're
going to cram through it. For easier setups, like a dipole and
100w, A LDG Z100 will work. Need more? Get an LDG AT200Pro
or 100 pro. If you are QRP, try a Z11, also from LDG.

I've had experience with all the above tuners (except the 200 which
UPS left on my porch then got stolen.) Anyways, LDG makes
a fair to excellent product line HOWEVER, My K2's internal tuner
will tune a worse match than any of the listed LDG tuners. Of course
if you want a KAT2 tuner, You'll need a K2 to install it in....

I know - you were just looking for an excuse to build a K2, right?

Ken KG0WX

surprized that nobody mentioned the sgc tungers i've been using 2 for
quite some time the mac200 and a sgc237

it tunes all bands/modes a tiny short dipole that i am using down to
never more than 1.2swr tunes in a sec or so and well the 237 is
mostly quite, but being roof mounted moot point

the mac200 has usual relay noise on initial tune, brief click after but
has way cool 4way antenna switch and swr /pwr meters!!

and they tune w/rf by themselfs not that it's unique

i also use ldg great stuff these 2 firms seem to kinda corner the
market