Old March 14th 04, 04:46 AM

On 13 Mar 2004 18:57:12 -0600, Peter Dougherty
wrote:

My reason for posting these messages isn't to direct anger toward any
one operation. I'm hoping DXpeditioners or organizers of future trips
may possibly obtain one or two clues that they never might have
thought of otherwise, which may lessen the frustration of hams the
world over who want a crack at them.

I'm afraid that's probably wishful thinking at best. We have been
complaining about DXpeditions for years, and that doesn't seem to have
improved the overall quality at all.

Fact is, the people who go aren't necessarily only the Pro's. They are
the people who want to go, who can afford to go, and who don't have
other obligations that keep them from going.

As far as the Dipthongians only working other Dipthongians, that's the
way life is. They paid for the trip with Dipthongian Pesos, so they
should be able to work whomever they please.

One really silly notion you need to get rid of that may change your
perspective on the whole game is the 'fact' that people go on
DXpeditions to work the world, to help the little guys with 100 watts
and a dipole get a 'new' one. That's crap. People go on DXpeditions
because they think it's fun to go, they enjoy the adrenalin rush at
the other end of the pileup - they do it for them, not for you or
me.......

Look up 'deserving' in the dictionary, and I'm sure you'll find it
says nothing about ham radio.

73, Jim KH2D