Old April 2nd 06, 12:53 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
AC Smith

Default DRM receiver

On 2006-04-01 13:56:26 -0800, "Tom Holden" said:

"dxAce" wrote in message

DRM = QRM

Yes, QRM to AM. Funny, in an ideal DRM SW environment, there would be
10 kHz channel spacing, no AM signals, only DRM signals - the receiver
would be muted unless it was succesfully receiving.

Could this mean
DRM = No QRM?

How would one characterise QRM in the DRM world?
What would one do with SINPO?

Tom

I guess there'd only be "S". Or a complete rewrite of receiving
conditions. I haven't heard a DRM signal before, I do not have a radio
with the needed 12kHz filter so I haven't even tried hooking it up to
my computer. But that defeats the whole reason I like shortwave - I
can take it with me and not have to be tied to a computer just to hear
stations.

acs