Old April 2nd 06, 07:48 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Cecil Moore

Default Coils and Transmission Lines.

wrote:
No one I have seen has every said one tuern can't get hotter than
another turn in a loading coil.

If the current is equal at both ends, how does one turn
possibly get hotter than another turn?

It's all been explained over and over again.

Repeating a wrong answer 1000 times doesn't make it right.
And that's exactly what you do.

If the termination impedance of the coil is very high compared to
shunting impedances inside the coil to the outside world, a coil can
have phase shift in current at each terminal and it can have uneven
current distribution.

This is not caused by standing waves or "electrical degrees" the coil
replaces, but rather by the displacement currents which can provide a
path for the through currents.

It is caused by where the coil is installed in the standing wave
environment, proved on my web page at:
http://www.qsl.net/w5dxp/current.htm

That the proof is accurate explains why you refuse to discuss the
technical facts surrounding it.

The problem is Cecil attributes it all to standing waves, and not to
the inductor's design.

Given the fixed design of a single inductor example, I can change
which end the current is highest by simply placing in in the proper
place in the standing wave environment, the environment that you
refuse to discuss.
--
73, Cecil http://www.qsl.net/w5dxp