Old April 2nd 06, 08:30 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Dave

Default paint antenna?

Put a 1 inch wide piece of tape 33 feet long in the middle of that brick
wall horizontally.

Paint the wall at least 5 feet wide totally around the tape.

Remove the tape.

Connect your coax approximately 15% from on end where the tape kept
paint off the bricks. Then connect the braid to one edge where the tape
was removed, then connect the center conductor directly across from the
braid. Fasten the braid and center conductor.

Go downstairs and load up your 20 meter 'vertical' antenna.

AKA SLOT Antenna.

I suspect the paint might be expensive though!! :-)

DD, W1MCE

ml wrote:

just read a article someplace about a new conductive paint that is going
to be used by different sources (pvt/mil) to in effect paint an antenna
on a surface. once such use was an 'orbiting' blimp , planes etc to
repete signals

ok so i wonder my roof has a flat brick wall it's 40ft tall 40ft wide

if i painted a antenna design think i'd get any useful performance in at
least one direction?

unf it didn't state any spec's but it's commercial

just really thinking out louad how a antenna w/little profile but
otherwise large surfacce area might work