Old March 14th 04, 02:51 PM
Incognito

Ah DX IS

I would say that 90% of the DXpeditions of late have been well run by good
to excellent operators. About the same as 20 to 30 years ago.

As far as packet clusters now a days dumbing down the DX world -- well
before the clusters there were DX repeaters, local DX simplex freq spots,
one ringers, LL calls and DX news bulletins. Only difference is now everyone
gets the scoop for free.

You don't get to honor roll by DX cluster spots only -- as those who have
done it well know.

Ya still gotta work em which we little guns know may take a LONG time and
some real DXing skills.

As far as the newbies (and oldies) calling over the DX or ignoring directive
calls -- not much has changed there either -- same o same o. Recently I read
a 30 year old DX club news letter complaining about the same procedures,
lids, etc

And it's the DXpeditions show. If they want to operate simplex, split, or
work their home country first -- well they are calling the shots.

There are plenty of resources on the web and publications on how to work DX
and how to run a DXpedition. So ignorance reigns as it has since the
beginning of DXCC.

This entire thread could have been posted 30 years ago.

Get over it and develop the skills that will net you that contact.

--
Incognito By Necessity (:-(

If you can't convince them, confuse them.
- - -Harry S Truman