Old April 2nd 06, 11:41 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Yuri Blanarovich

Default Current through coils

"Ian White GM3SEK" wrote in message
Yuri Blanarovich wrote:

"Ian White GM3SEK" wrote in message

From the beginning, then:

snippydidudaa

As we have seen, if the whip is loaded by pure inductance only, there is
no change in current between the two terminals of the inductance - but
there's a big step increase in voltage. At the upper terminal, the
current
is the same but the voltage is very high, so we're into a much
higher-impedance environment.

Reality check here. I need explanation how the above could happen.
"Current
stays the same ... and the big step increase in voltage." As far as
"idiot"
professors taught me, (current x voltage) = power. So, am I to discover
that the pure inductance is better than perpetual motion amplifier of
power?
More power coming out of the coil than going in? Eureka!!! How could I
overlook that? :-)

Your professor would have told you that you "overlooked" the phase shift
in the voltage.

The rest is just more of the same kind of name-calling. You didn't really
read what I wrote, and you don't really want to hear any answers. All you
really want is a shouting match. Well, tough, you don't get one.
--
73 from Ian GM3SEK 'In Practice' columnist for RadCom (RSGB)
http://www.ifwtech.co.uk/g3sek

Yep, when we try to argue the case, it ends up like this. So you know what I
read, but you would not want to explain, enlighten this "dummy" what is
going on, eh?
Uhm, the phase shift is different for current and different for voltage, or
you claim that current distribution curve would be way different from the
voltage distribution curve?
Can you draw the picture of current and voltage distribution in the case in
question or provide the file for EZNEC or whateverNEC?

Got it!

Yuri, K3BU