Old April 3rd 06, 07:23 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Sal M. Onella

Default how to reduce ghost from a wall mounted uhf antenna

wrote in message
oups.com...
i have a uhf tv antenna on my balcony. i am getting ghosting.

i think the ghosting is from signals bouncing off the balcony wall and
hitting the antenna a second time.

apart from building a 100' tower to raise my antenna into the open sky,
is there any way to keep the wall from reflecting ? can i put some sort
of foil behind the antenna to block it out ?or cover the wall with some
non reflective material?

thx

Try a twin-bowtie antenna with a screen behind it. (They're intended for
indoor use, so the weather outside may eat it up.)

Any complex antenna -- something beyond a loop or bow-tie antenna -- will
discriminate against ghosts. Depending on where the transmitter is, all
your
signals may be ghosts. That is, you're receiving all your signals by
reflections
off SOMETHING and you need to pick the cleanest one, as another poster said.
This sort of "picking" is best attempted with a big, fancy UHF antenna..

Good luck.