Old April 3rd 06, 04:47 AM posted to rec.radio.swap,rec.radio.cb,rec.radio.amateur.equipment
U-Know-Who

Default FS/FT Averatec 5400 Athlon 64 1.6 2800+ Laptop

"JJ" wrote in message ...
Scott in Baltimore wrote:

I only use Intel with Intel chipsets.
An AMD is like a Honda with a big exhaust tip and yellow pinstripes.

oh please, AMD is every bit as fast as an Intel (of the same type of course) and not a rip off.
Intel is way overpriced, but if you like the "so-called" brand name, be my guest.

I have several machines that I have built with both processors.

#1 Intel chipsets suck. No overclock-ability at all. What is Intel scared of?

#2 All the AMD machines I have built have out performed the Intels at the same rating.

#3 Throwing clock speed at a product is not the answer. Intel just recently learned this. AMD was the teacher.