Old April 3rd 06, 11:05 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
John Popelish

Default Coils and Transmission Lines.

Cecil Moore wrote:
(snip)
Here are a number of problems. I(f) is forward current and
I(r) is reflected current. Please everybody, perform the
following phasor additions where I(f)+I(r) is the *standing
wave current*:

I(f) I(r) I(f)+I(r)

1 amp at 0 deg 1 amp at 0 deg 2 A @ 0 deg

1 amp at -30 deg 1 amp at +30 deg 1.72 A @ 0 deg

1 amp at -60 deg 1 amp at +60 deg 1 A @ 0 deg

1 amp at -90 deg 1 amp at +90 deg 0 A @ 0 deg

1 amp at -120 deg 1 amp at +120 deg 1 A @ 180 deg

1 amp at -150 deg 1 amp at +150 deg 1.72 A @ 180 deg

1 amp at -180 deg 1 amp at +180 deg 2 A @ 180 deg

If you guys will take pen to paper and fill in those blanks
you will uncover the misconception that has haunted this
newsgroup for many weeks. If you need help with the math,
feel free to ask for help.

What misconception? That all current in a standing wave has the same
phase, rather than one of two possible phases?