Old April 4th 06, 12:57 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
John Popelish

Default Current across the antenna loading coil - from scratch

Cecil Moore wrote:
John Popelish wrote:

Of course. no one is talking about the red herring of charge stored
over a whole cycle.

Of course, *everyone* except you and Tom Donaly are talking about
charge stored over a whole cycle.

Bull.

That's the entire base of their
arguments. The unbalance in the *RMS* current at the bottom of the
coil and the *RMS* current at the top of the coil is what the entire
discussion is all about.

The currents measured by W8JI and W7EL were *RMS* currents. The
currents reported by EZNEC are *RMS* currents.

And the capacitive currents can also be measured in RMS terms. So what?

And no one but you brings up "net storage". We are all talking about
ordinary capacitive charge storage within a cycle.

If so, that is completely irrelevant to the discussion since
W8JI and W7EL are using *RMS* currents for their measurements
and EZNEC is reporting *RMS* currents.

Let me summarize it for you. W8JI and W7EL apparently think
that the RMS current value of zero at the bottom of the coil
Vs the RMS current value of one amp at the top of the coil
means energy is being sucked into the coil from some external
source.

I don't read their responses that way. I read their responses as
saying that the current leaving or entering an end of an inductor
includes a capacitive component and an inductive component. The
capacitive current branches out of the coil to the surrounding space,
and is what allows a measured difference in the currents passing
through its two ends. The path through the wire to the other end is
not the only path for current.

How about assisting in a tutorial on standing waves rather
than diverting and obfuscating the issues?

I'm trying.