Old April 4th 06, 03:06 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Cecil Moore

Default Coils and Transmission Lines.

Tom Donaly wrote:
If it disappears, you've done something wrong.

There is no phase information in standing wave phase, Tom.
I can't find it, Gene fuller can't find it, Eugene Hecht
can't find it, and James Clerk Maxwell can't find it.

Any and all phase information in the standing wave phase
disappears during superposing.

Let me give you another example. Assume that we superpose
one amp of DC current flowing in one direction and one
amp of DC current flowing in the other direction. What
does the superposed amplitude tell us about the amplitudes
of the superposed currents? Nothing, except they were
equal.
--
73, Cecil http://www.qsl.net/w5dxp