Old April 4th 06, 03:22 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Cecil Moore

Default Current across the antenna loading coil - from scratch

Roy Lewallen wrote:
The constant
phase with position (of an open or shorted line) simply means that if
you froze time at some instant and looked at the angles of the rotating
phasors representing the total current at each point along the line,
you'd find them all to be at the same angle. They're all rotating.

Yes, when I said standing wave current phase doesn't rotate, I meant
with respect to the source current phase. At any instant in time,
the phase of the standing wave current is unchanging up and down
the line.

Assume the standing wave current all up and down the dipole is of
constant phase with no variation with 'x'. Roy, you used that
current to try to measure the delay through a coil. How did you
plan to measure that delay with a signal known to be the same
phase not only at both ends of the coil but all up and down
the antenna?
--
73, Cecil http://www.qsl.net/w5dxp