Old March 18th 04, 05:21 AM
Zoran Brlecic

Walt Davidson wrote:

Oh really? I worked a whole bunch of W6, W7 and VE7 on 15m in the
ARRL DX Contest - both the CW and the SSB sections.

How many have you worked outside of contests?

Why should a contest make a difference to the propagation conditions?

It shouldn't. However, being able to work a bunch of contest stations
1.5kW+ into 3-4 antenna stacks 200+ ft high over the 48 hour period of
high contest activity does not translate into being able to work the
other 99% of the ham population that typically runs a tribander or wires
no more than 70 ft high.

73 .... WA7AA

--

Anti-spam measu look me up on qrz.com if you need to reply directly