Old April 4th 06, 04:27 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
K7ITM

Default Current across the antenna loading coil - from scratch

Cecil wrote, "It's time to stop
the ad hominem attacks and discuss the technical issues."

Ready when you are, lad. Suggest you start by establishing just how it
is that an antenna wire supports waves. Gauss's theorem and Faraday's
law may come in handy. Please don't spare anything.

The reason you need to do this for me to even begin to believe you have
any idea what you are talking about is that you have rejected out of
hand some very fundamental concepts that I've put numbers on for you.
You ask for something, and then you reject the answer but give no valid
reason why. I've tried to give you a way to SUPPORT what you are
saying, and you can't even recognize that, apparently.

Now YOU go back to the real fundamentals and give it to us straight,
with full math treatment. Until you do, as far as I'm concerned, you
don't have a leg to stand on. If you can do a credible job starting
with Maxwell's equations, I might begin to believe you have some
understanding of the subject. And I don't want it parroted from
someone else's writing, I want it done from the ground up by you.

If you have some trouble doing that with an antenna wire, just try it
with an ideal coaxial TEM line. It's easy there; I've done it out of
idle curiosity one evening, and it was quite enlightening to see how
nicely it all agreed with what I already knew about propagation along a
line.

Lay it on us, Cecil. Start with the fundamentals. And don't be
dragging out that tired old travelling-waves/standing-waves stuff till
you've established that you actually can even have waves, and just what
it is that governs their behaviour.

Cheers,
Tom