Old April 4th 06, 08:54 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Roy Lewallen

Default Current across the antenna loading coil - from scratch

Since EZNEC has been mentioned so much lately, it's appropriate to point
out that it's able to calculate the current at all points along a
helically modeled loading inductor with what I believe to be very good
accuracy. And it does it without any use or knowledge of presumed
traveling voltage or current waves. It deals only with the total
current. Perhaps Cecil would benefit from investigating how this is done.

EZNEC uses NEC-2 for calculations, and the NEC-2 manual is available on
line at no cost. A detailed description of its methodology is presented
in Part I. For those who want just a general overview of the method (the
method of moments) in a more easily understood format, one can be found
in the second and later editions of Kraus' _Antennas_. I notice that
most newer antenna texts also include a description of the moment
method, and it should be available in the web as well.

Roy Lewallen, W7EL