Old April 5th 06, 06:14 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.dx
Doug Smith W9WI

Default Oh, I *did* work a DL on 439MHz!

Bob wrote:
I didn't think repeater usage was allowed for the various forms of
wallpaper. I thought that the idea was that the other end was to hear
a signal that directly left YOUR antenna and heard by HIS antenna
without any intermediate artifical infrastructure. Natural
infrastructure, ie, the ionosphere, is allowed, of course.

It usually isn't, though I thought I read something somewhere about one
award allowing repeater contacts.

I did confirm the contact in question, but made sure the card said the
QSO was made over Echolink. (it was hard finding enough space to write
in two different VHF frequenciesgrin!)
--
Doug Smith W9WI
Pleasant View (Nashville), TN EM66