Old April 5th 06, 02:39 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
John Passaneau

Default elevator noise?/sheilding tricks?

The new elevator that was installed in my building here at the university,
puts out a large amount of noise on the AM broadcast band every time it
moves. I believe they are doing some sort of phase control on the motor with
little filtering.

--
John Passaneau
Penn State University

"ml" wrote in message
In article ,
Doc wrote:

In other words, you won't really know till the new system is
actually installed. That means a 50/50 chance for or against.
'Doc

thanks all, that responded

guess i'll have to wait and see,

i wouldn't mind doing a survey however i'd have no way to really know in
the residential area i live which building have electroic elevator
controllers or not , can't tell from outside and can't really poke
around

OK i guess a better question might have been:

so if the controllers give off bad rf

what is the best way to 'shield' those boxes so they won't bother my
antennas outside the room?

presume that i can ground the cabinents myself if they are not already .

thanks