Old March 26th 04, 07:54 PM
Peter Dougherty

Winston said :

No question about it. They have great organization and operations. I
have not copied them on 80 meters, either. I have have copied them
with great signals on all the other bands, 40 thru 10. Worked them on
10 MHz last night while they were not too busy.

Still need them on 30m - too busy when I listened. That's OK--they've
got three very long weeks of begging ahead of them, so I'll get them
on 30 eventually. One thing I haven't seen them on is any of the
digital modes yet. I'm sure they'll be up on there soon. ALMOST had
them on 10FM this morning, but the band faded and they never came back
:-( That would have been a first-ever for me. Never worked FM on HF in
my life.

I did manage to get R1FJ twice, and I thought I had a third but I'm
not in their log for that QSO. I'll send for the card in any event
with all three and hope for the best! That was also another first-rate
operation and kudos to that intrepid team for risking -35 (or worse)
weather and blizzards on a frozen patch of tundra to bring a new one
to The Deserving. They did a top-notch job, especially in the latter
part of the trip. I hope they can do it again sometime!

As a final bonus, I even got an all-time new one yesterday when 5T0EU
went QRV - that one slipped below my radar of Things To Listen For.
Yup, it's been quite the week!

73 de Peter, W2IRT
(ex-AB2NZ, VE3THX)

Please reply to Double-you Two Eye Are Tee at Arrl.net