Old April 5th 06, 09:07 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Richard Fry

Default Current across the antenna loading coil - from scratch

"Richard Clark"
3. this does not explain how a 118.60° tall antenna comes to be
resonant through
On Tue, 4 Apr 2006 12:11:20 -0500, "Richard Fry" wrote:
The effective electrical length of a MW monople radiator determines its
resonant frequencies, and that must include the velocity of propagation
along the structure -- which is a function of the height AND width of the
radiator (mainly), and the operating frequency.

______________

I have not stated that an unloaded broadcast monopole of any physical height
should be made self-resonant, or even needs to be, for efficient radiation.
Very few broadcast monopoles are. The ones that aren't are matched to
resonance and the transmission line Zo by a network at the antenna
feedpoint, as I also stated.

What I wrote is that a radiator of "90 electrical degrees" when shown in the
FCC database is NOT self-resonant, and referred to the experimental data
from George Brown, and the work of Johnson & Jasik to confirm what I wrote.
Kraus, 3rd edition, Ch 14 has the mathematical analysis to support this,
also. NEC shows this effect, as well.

The rest of the examples in your post are based on your invalid assumption,
for which my response is given above.

RF