Old April 5th 06, 06:47 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew

Default making a uhf bandpass filter using semi rigid or hardline?

Im trying to build a preamp for the 902-928 band, I bought several
surplus cellular preamps
in a auction, these had 824-855mhz ceramic filters. I took the filter
out and the noise floor
took off, i need to replace the bandpass with one in the 902-928 mhz
range. I have some
semi rigid coax .080 and of various sizes of small hardline .250 -
..540. In the past ive seem articles on making preamps & filters using
semi rigid coax but cant find any now that im ready to start building a
ATV receiver.