Old April 6th 06, 01:51 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Richard Fry

Default Current across the antenna loading coil - from scratch

"Richard Clark"wrote
Sounds like you have a problem following context.

___________

No, from your posts IMO it is YOU who has a problem with your reading
comprehension, and/or possibly your professional integrity.

I posted "The effective electrical length of a MW monopole radiator
determines its resonant frequencies, and that must include the velocity of
propagation along the structure -- which is a function of the height AND
width of the radiator (mainly), and the operating frequency." I have also
posted several references in the literature which support this in technical
detail.

You then posted "3. this does not explain how a 118.60° tall antenna comes
to be resonant ," and several ridiculous examples of broadcast tower widths
of 364 feet and more that you falsely attribute as flowing from my
statements.

Contrary to your recent post, I have never written anything that remotely
implied that your 118.60 degree radiator, or a broadcast radiator of any
other length can/should be made self-resonant by the use of an impractical
ratio of width to length. I have posted several times that (conventional)
broadcast radiators that are not self-resonant are brought to resonance at
the feedpoint by the use of a matching network there.

If you can find ANYTHING in my posts on this subject to support your
statements, please quote them to the NG. Otherwise I suggest you let this
thread close, and (hopefully), learn from it.

RF