Old April 5th 06, 11:04 PM posted to rec.radio.cb
Jim Hampton

Default Should I give up my CB for ham?

"Slow Code" wrote in message
k.net...
"Kissel" wrote in
ps.com:

ALot of people are telling me that CB is just for inbred hicks and that
I should replace the CB in my truck wait a ham radio. What do you
think?

Don't bother changing. The ARRL (Anti-Radio-Relay-League) has gone to
great lengths to try and make ham radio just like CB. You won't gain
anything except the expense of another radio. And besides, next year
you'll be able to get a ham license as the free surprise in a box of
Cracker Jack.

HTH

RB

Thanks for the post - I had removed rec.radio.cb and
rec.radio.amateur.policy .... and had removed my rules. You just gave me a
one-up on my rules )

With all due regards from Rochester, NY
Jim