Old April 6th 06, 05:35 AM posted to rec.radio.scanner
will buck

Default Pro-2006 with full Optoscan 456 Owner with Newbe Qustions

Just recently purchased a Pro-2006 with the full Optoscan 456
installed. I've owned many scanners in the past, AR8000, Yupi MVT-7100,
but this is my first PC controlled radio.

Qustion #1: Whats the best overall software? I'm looking for
Import/Export functions, time stamped remote recording direct to hard
drive. Looking at Probe V7, but will it work with Windows XP? Can I
download a trial version of Probe? Is there any other, more modern
software out there?

Question#2: What kind of digital signals can I receive? This Pro-2006
has a discriminator output. Will I need a converter? I would love to
decode some satellite transmissions.

Question #3: What's the best overall antenna? So far I'm leaning toward
a Diamond Discone.

I would appreciate any helpful info.

73's John in San Antonio TX..