Old April 7th 04, 07:51 AM
Dave, AA6YQ

Re "Frankly, though, I prefer menu-based apps" - well, to each his own, but
menu-based apps require users to learn the menu system. Graphical user
interfaces do consume more screenspace, but they are far more intuitive --
especially when letting the mouse hover over any control produces a popup
that describe that control's usage.

73,

Dave, AA6YQ

"Peter Dougherty" wrote in message
"Dave, AA6YQ" said :

Have you tried DXLab, Peter?

I did try it out a few months back and I just didn't like the
interface. I didn't really put it through its paces - I just played
with it for a day or two. It certainly does sound fully-featured and
I like the integrated QSL/label feature and support for MMTTY, etc.
Frankly, though, I prefer menu-based apps.

I will likely stay with DX Base, though I may be able to recommend
DXLab if I really sit down and see what it can do.

Perhaps I'll DL the most recent version and have another go in the
next few days, since there sure as heck doesn't seem to be *any*
propagation in these parts lately. Personally, I think 3B9C used up
all the DX molecules in the ionosphere over the US northeast and we
have to wait for the next delivery. Hopefully that will happen before
T33C and ZS8 are over!

73 de Peter, W2IRT
(ex-AB2NZ, VE3THX)

Please reply to Double-you Two Eye Are Tee at Arrl.net