Old April 7th 04, 11:14 PM
Drink

Thanks to all for spending so much time giving opinions and opposing
viewpoints. One other question. Is it feasible to use different programs
to access the same database? (Format question). That way, maybe I could try
a few different programs to see what works best for me without having to
fat-finger from one log to another. Maybe import/export options would be a
good way to do this.
I'm still using my old IC-730 and dipole, so, I don't have the need for
receiver control/rotor control. I probably will someday, though. Will most
programs let me import my log?
o_o_o_o
Best Regards, /| ,[_____],
Jim, WP3JQ |¯¯¯L --O|||||||O-
()_)¯()_) ¯¯¯¯¯ )_)
EM60qk 30.447439N 086.628959W
"Peter Lemken" wrote in message
Dave, AA6YQ wrote:
Re "Frankly, though, I prefer menu-based apps" - well, to each his own,

but
menu-based apps require users to learn the menu system. Graphical user
interfaces do consume more screenspace, but they are far more

intuitive --
especially when letting the mouse hover over any control produces a

popup
that describe that control's usage.

And in the end you have "Word"-like software. Granted, letters produced
by "Word" look like crap, but the UI is very intuitive.

Peter Lemken
DF5JT
Berlin