Old April 8th 04, 03:15 AM
Dee D. Flint

"Drink" wrote in message
Thanks to all for spending so much time giving opinions and opposing
viewpoints. One other question. Is it feasible to use different programs
to access the same database? (Format question). That way, maybe I could

try
a few different programs to see what works best for me without having to
fat-finger from one log to another. Maybe import/export options would be

good way to do this.
I'm still using my old IC-730 and dipole, so, I don't have the need for
receiver control/rotor control. I probably will someday, though. Will

most
programs let me import my log?

Well most programs use different ways of storing the data so they cannot
directly read each other's datafiles. However so long as they support ADIF
export and import you can move data from program to program. Hopefully your
current software will let you export in ADIF.

I would recommend downloading the programs and playing with them for a while
with dummy data. After picking the one you like, then move your data.

My personal favorites a

General logging: N3FJP's ACLog - I like the user interface better than any
I have seen and it does a good job of allowing you to track information for
awards.

Contest logging:
N3FJP for those contests he has programmed. For the state QSO parties, I
really like the maps that show the counties worked besides the standard type
list.
N1MM for contests I can't find in the N3FJP group.

Dee D. Flint, N8UZE