Old September 30th 03, 10:29 PM
buddy clark

i've had a 3 element up 15 months or so
and the only problems i've had are self
inflicted or inflicted by squirrels. admittedly
my winters here in the dallas/ft worth metro
area are not as severe as new england. john
and company are really nice guys to deal with.
the beam in my estimation meets or exceeds
all advertised specs. the beam does not work
well on 6m in my opinion, but my frame of
reference for that band was a 5 element on a
30 foot boom. 20m - 10m it works like a fire
hose and the 180 degree is a great feature.
it's expensive but i'd buy one again with no
reservations.

larry
kd5foy

"Alan Beagley" wrote in message
Does anybody have any words of wisdom concerning the SteppIR antennas?
The participants in the Yahoo! group devoted to them all seem rapturous
-- except for the complaints about having to wait a couple of months for
their orders to be filled. All but one of the reviews on eham give it a
5/5; the only exception is a 3/5 by someone who doesn't own one and
*thinks* that the moving parts could present a maintenance and repair
problem.

-=-
Alan AB2OS