Old April 15th 04, 05:39 PM
Doug Smith W9WI

Win wrote:
I am not to the point where I worry much about multiple bands. I still
have plenty to work all bands. I did work the T33 twice, though. He
was on 10 meters towards the last and getting not gettign much
activity. I couldnt resist.

Understood!

I'm within "shooting distance" of 5BDXCC - just need a few more QSLs on
80m - so I've been watching the expeditions for 80m activity. Been
messing around with RTTY too.

I am going tol just stick to my play for a while. I get up early and
check the spots that are working Europe and then try to figure out
where they will be when the band opens here. Another part of that plan
is to fish a lot, HI.

grin! (but really that's important. At least twice, I found T33C
before anybody spotted him. They're a lot easier to work that way!
Many years back, there was a well-publicized expedition to Clipperton.
One day on 10m, everybody & their brother was on the announced
Clipperton frequency trying to work the FO0. I decided to go tuning,
and found midway between the FO0's transmit and receive frequencies...

a TI9, CQing his head off without any answers. Worked on first call.)

thought he was. TT is who I have been looking for. Now that I am
retired I will have more time to look.

Didn't know there was a TT on. (wouldn't doubt it!) Will have to look.

Where can I get the Monitor Times?

Many newsstands carry it, or
http://www.monitoringtimes.com/html/mt_dealers.html . I write "American
Bandscan", about domestic AM/FM/TV broadcasts.
--
Doug Smith W9WI
Pleasant View (Nashville), TN EM66