Old April 9th 06, 04:13 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default Antenna Tuner

My DX-394 was getting killed on SW by WABC at 50,000 watts, and several
other local AM stations. I bought on ebay an I.C.E. Model 402 SWL -
receive only BCB Filter. Non-polarized, 50 ohm Highpass design, for use
from 1.8 MHz and up. It is wonderful for eliminating the AM overload.

HFguy wrote:
blitz wrote:

I've got two hi-fi tuners that overload on the outdoor long-wire (on
AM, of course). Is there a way to tune, preselect, detune, balun,
resist, or whatever the antenna so I can use it?

It depends on what's overloading the receiver. Are you located close to
a strong AM station? In general, a passive pre-selector should help but
you might need just a frequency 'trap' to reduce the strength of the
offending station. Are you using coax for the antenna lead-in or just a
single wire?