Old April 11th 06, 11:04 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.equipment
Ed

Default Smallest 2M/440 mobile rig??

"Travis Jordan" wrote in news:vwU_f.545812$Mh4.395309
@fe02.news.easynews.com:

Ed wrote:
While a bit taller, the TM-G707A control head is only 4.0" wide.

I stand corrected, Ed....thanks.

Unlike most of the remote head radios, the TM-G707 control head fits
into a "cavity" in the front planel of the main radio body, so its width
is considerably smaller than the main body. Reason I bought it go begin
with was the same reason as the original poster... I had a very tight
car (BMW 3 series) and I wanted minimum impact physically in a rather
tight console area.... I managed to make a custome bracket and did a
beautiful no-holes installation I was really proud of.

Currently, that same radio control head is now mounted inside the ash
tray cavity of my wife's new Toyota Highlander.

Ed

Ed