Old April 12th 06, 04:36 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.equipment
Michael A. Terrell

Default Catalog

Noon-Air wrote:

Someday I will have to write a book about all of the things we did....and
even some of the stuff we *didn't* get caught doing. LOL

One evening the DJ announced that the request line was open, and that
he would play any record in the library. When he refused to play my
request, I turned the AM BCB transmitter off. ;-)

Enlisted men are extremely sly and cunning, and bear considerable
watching.
-Army Officers Manual 1836

Some officers were even worse than the enlisted. Two lieutenants at
Ft. Greely drew their M-16s from the Armory, signed a tactically
equipped jeep out of the motor pool and went rabbit hunting in "Buffalo
Drop Zone" which was a restricted area. One of them shot at a rabbit
but he hit the rock it was sitting on. The bullet ricocheted into the
Jeep, setting it on fire, and starting a full blown forest fire. I had
to go fight the fire, and as we were finishing I saw the two officers
sitting back to back in the bed of a pickup truck, surrounded by CID.
One of them was warning them not to move, because they would love to
shoot them for trying to escape. The last i heard, they were sentenced
to 20 years at Leavenworth.

When I was stationed on west coast WHECs, I tapped into the ships cable
system so I had cable at my rack, and had a little 4 inch TV and little
stereo tucked up in a trap door I cut in the the false overhead over my
rack... it worked great :-)
On the same ship, we had 12 engineers that were licensed HAMs and the CO cot
a bit miffed when he found out that the engineers could copy CW better than
his radiomen could... it was pretty funny. LOL

Yeah, very few officers had ANY sense of humor. On the other hand,
some knew when to leave well enough alone. I only stood Monday morning
formation a couple times the whole year that i was in Alaska, and my
C.O. would apologize if he woke me up during Monday morning inspections,
then back quietly out of my room. ;-)

He's a mental welfare case. Neither our military, or Canada would
have him.

Maybe they should use him for target practice??

Not worth the ammunition. Maybe use him for a door stop? ;-)

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida