Old April 13th 06, 08:36 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
running dogg

Default Dorm Interference

Selwyn-Lloyd McPherson wrote:

Hi,

I'm living in a fairly large college dorm and I feel as though, as a
consequence, my Grundig FR-200 is not able to pick up what it otherwise
might. Considering that around 400-500 college students live here and
remembering that college student = laptop / desktop + television +
stereos + who knows what else. . . Do you think this would make a
significant difference? Am I living in shortwave hell?

Thanks in advance for your ideas!

Selwyn-Lloyd

The college dorms I've seen have all been built out of thick concrete.
In such a building, you'll have to put your radio in a window (the sill
should have plenty of room) to get anything. If you can hang a wire out
the window, great.