Old April 14th 06, 03:36 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Verstaldin

Default WWVB 60kHz Receiver

I'm no electronics expert, but I am wondering if a "long wire" antenna might be better than a coil for a low frequency of that sort (50' or so )? Good luck on your project.

All life all holiness come from you O Lord
http://pwp.surfglobal.net/mjmiller/index.htm

wrote in message oups.com...
I"m trying to build a clock that uses the WWVB signal to keep its own
time. I have everything built and working except the Antenna portion.
I have a 1.1mH ferrite rod Antenna.
I know tuning it would require a capacitor that I calculated to be
7700pF. The problem I am having is tuning it. I am not sure how to
test it to make sure it is working correctly. I have tried
broadcasting a 60kHz signal from a function generator and viewing it on
an O-scope and Spectrum Analyzer, but I"m seeing nothing. I"m looking
for any suggestions to prove I have this tuned correctly.

Thanks