Old April 14th 06, 02:17 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew
Paul VK3DIP

Default Return Loss Bridge Accuracy Questions

Christer,
It looks like Rockby has sold out and removed them from their catalogue, the
one you pointed out is indeed not the correct part. The ones I used are as
far as I know a standard/common 14mm balun former as used in TV baluns etc..
The Jaycar (www.jaycar.com.au), or Electus
(http://www.electusdistribution.com.au) part number LF1220 looks basically
identical to those I used, and there are probably lots of equivalents out
there. Electus has some data on the M7 material used here
http://www.electusdistribution.com.a...d/ferrites.pdf
I hope this helps, and I would be interested in how you get on if you end up
building one, let me know at the email address shown below.

73
Paul VK3DIP

"CA" wrote in message
Paul VK3DIP wrote:

If you are interested I had really good results recently with a
homebrew RLB, in fact so good that I doubted the results and had to...

I have read your article with great interest.
Do you have a specification for the "balun formers" or maybe a Rockby
Electronics stock no.?
I suppose it is
www.rockby.com.au. The only 2-hole ferrite core I could
find is stock no. 10967 but I believe this one is too small.

73
Christer SM6PXJ