Old May 5th 04, 11:57 AM
Fred Atkinson

Default DHCP Release/Renew

When I ask this question, I am refering to a Cisco 831 router
that is taking a dynamic IP address from the cablemodem provider.

In Windows 2000, you can type 'ipconfig /release' to release
the dynamic IP address assigned to the PC and then type 'ipconfig
/renew' to get another dynamic IP address assigned.

Is/are there IOS command(s) to release and renew the dynamic
IP address from the cable provider? If so what is/are it/they?

I know that you can just reload the router to do it, but I
want to be able to do it without taking the router down.

Thanks,

Fred