Old October 1st 03, 08:38 AM
stefano

Hi Tarm,
please read better.
The antenna is ,at first ,matched to 450 ohms, then (through a bifilar
line)is fed to a classical "L" network to match 450 to 50 ohms.
73's steve

"Tarmo Tammaru" ha scritto nel messaggio
Richard,

I think their point is that, for a new installation, it would be cheaper
since you don't need radials and the associated real estate. I seem to
recall in one place they suggested putting it on top of a building.

What a messed up web site though. They could have a picture and a diagram
without looking at the last two pages of a PDF file that took several
minutes to download via a cable modem.

There is also something messed up with the description. In one place they
mention (arbitrarily) using 450 Ohm open wire line, and then go on to say
they match 450 Ohms to 50. I don't think they mean that.

Tam/WB2TT