Old April 16th 06, 08:17 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
SeeingEyeDogg

Default What's the most reliable portable short wave radio?

"m II" wrote in message news:ZLj0g.31538$4S.402@edtnps82...
SeeingEyeDogg wrote:

Sony made AC adapters ARE available that work very well with ALL their
shortwave radios. I know because I have Sony AC adapters for the 7600GR,
SW100, SW-07 & SW-55. They all work exceptional well and are very quite.
Except that their price is prohibitive for most people in this

newsgroup.

Care to expand on that? How is it possible for the fine denizens of this
group to buy expensive radios (1) and yet not be able to finance an
adapter?

http://www.partsolver.com/
https://www.partstore.com

Sony Part# 147612111 $94
ADAPTOR, AC (AC-E600)
Input AC 110-120V or 220-240V ~50/60Hz 7 Watts
Output DC6V ~ 300mA
Requires "World Traveler" type AC "Conversion adapter" available at Radio
Shack or Sony part# 156900821 "Conversion adaptor". Ref:
http://kropla.com/electric2.htm

Sony's U.S. version 6V AC Adapter (110-120V input only) for a 7600GR is
"AC-E604". But that model is difficult if not impossible to find. The
"World Traveler" version is above is still available and can be used with
any Sony shortwave radio requiring 6V (Ex: SW-55).