Old April 17th 06, 03:42 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Buck

Default Must 300 ohm feedline be kept completely clear of contact w anything?

On Sun, 16 Apr 2006 21:38:18 -0500, "David G. Nagel"
wrote:

Buck wrote:
In general there is a magnetic/electric field between the conductors in
twinlead feed line.
Dave WD9BDZ

Dave,

Just to clarify, is the 'magnetic/electric field' to which you refer
the same as saying 'electromagnetic field'? I am just trying to
clarify whether it is just how you expressed it or if you are making a
distinctive difference.

Thanks
Buck

Buck

You are correct in your interpretation of my stumbling words.
The main thing is close proximity to another conductive material will
affect the transmission of energy on twin lead.
I hope that I have helped you. Amateur radio is a fascinating field of
endeavor. Your education does not ever stop.

Dave

Thanks, and yes, the education continues.

--
73 for now
Buck