Old April 17th 06, 12:37 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Buck

Default paint antenna? Aluminum paint?

On Sun, 16 Apr 2006 21:48:26 -0700, Roy Lewallen
wrote:

Buck wrote:
I have seen my father use aluminum paint from way back in the 60's. I
haven't seen it lately, not that I have looked, but I wonder how it
would work.....

As a guess, very badly. The aluminum in the paint is in the form of
small particles, each probably covered with an oxide coating. So the
conductivity would be very poor, even if the paint dried in such a way
as to bring the individual particles into contact with each other (which
it very well might not).

Roy Lewallen, W7EL

I figured there must be some problem with it's conductivity if someone
just invented paint to be conductive, but I hadn't tried it.

Thanks

--
73 for now
Buck