Old October 1st 03, 09:15 AM
Theplanters95

Hi Doc and Reg,

I live in a 2 story historical house with a hill and 4 story house in the back.
On one side is a large 2 story house. The road is in front, only about 15-20
feet away. The only remaining side has a cottege and parking lot with a single
tree about 30 or 40 feet away. I have very close power and cable tv lines on
3 sides of the house. On 2 sides, including the side where the radio shack is,
we have 2 propane gas lines (one for hot water, the other for the heater). Did
I mention the owner cemented all the land and installed raised flower beds?
The nearest run to a ground would be from the wall about 5 feet to a flower
bed. The good news is that I have no antenna restrictions in the lease and
actually the landlord said antennas were OK! I am thinking of mounting a DK3
screwdriver on a tripod, and when I want to operate, move it to the parking
area, and then move it back when done. Not quite sure how to mount it on a
tripod. Any advice? For 20m & 17m I have Par Electronics end feed hertz,
which could be run to the tree.

Randy ka4nma