Old October 1st 03, 10:18 AM
Roy Lewallen

I assume the article is referring to the coil dimensions in the _ARRL
Handbook_. Each coil works best over about three bands. I highly
recommend both the _ARRL Handbook_ and the _ARRL Antenna Book_. Not all
the world's knowledge is on line yet.

If you have an antenna analyzer, you can measure the impedances of your
experimental chokes. Twist the center conductor and shield together at
both ends of the coax. Connect one end to the center conductor of the
analyzer, and the other to the analyzer body. Adjust the coil for the
highest impedance at the frequency or frequencies of interest.

Roy Lewallen, W7EL