Old May 25th 04, 03:41 PM
Keyboard In The Noise

Not so far fetched as one might think -- if you can determine which county
in Ohio has the lowest population (Ham Wise) -- you can put that county on
the air and get a lot of action from the county hunters. Dxpedition to
Morrow County, Ohio (:-)

For a real challenge -- drive thru all Ohio counties as a rover and give out
Worked all Ohio county awards (:-) Some Hams have done this while on
vacation!!! Might qualify as a "Worked all Ohio Counties DXpedition" 88
counties in Ohio

Or a rare Ohio grid square -- the VHFers will pile up on you. An Ohio's
rarest grid square Dxpedition (:-)

Or a special event station commemorating the closing of the Ohio steel mills
and rubber plants. Dxpedition to Ohio's crumbling steel mills (:-)

With these you can be the pileupor instead of the pileupee. Great for the
ego and improve your contest skills.

If you live in the Indian ocean area-- Hocking County, Ohio might well be
rare DX (:-)

All in good fun -- or is it good DX -- ear of the beholder huh

--
Keyboard In The Noise

Opinions are the cheapest commodities in the world. Author unknown but
"right on"

Helen, I was thinking about activating Ohio next weekend. If I do,
I'll give further details in my next post.

bb