Old April 19th 06, 05:36 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.dx
Doug Smith W9WI

Default VU4

Fabian Kurz wrote:
You're going to count this as your own?

Yep. It was made using my own callsigns, which is perfectly legal
here. I know there have been some debates about the validity or
'ethicality' of this kind of contacts, but I personally feel it's
absolutely OK. It also conforms to DXCC rules, which say:

This was frequently done at the University of Wisconsin back in the
1970s as well. Most of these operators didn't have their own stations -
or those stations consisted solely of 2m gear - so if you didn't work
the DX from the club station, you weren't going to work it at all.

We did consider it bad form to work a DXpedition with your own call if
the club still needed it on that band/mode. (i.e., you worked it with
the club call first)
--
Doug Smith W9WI
Pleasant View (Nashville), TN EM66