Old April 19th 06, 02:04 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Cecil Moore

Default Current across the antenna loading coil - from scratch

Gene Fuller wrote:

Cecil Moore wrote:
A 75m bugcatcher coil is self resonant at 6.6 MHz. That's
near 4 MHz. Where is all your irrationality coming from?

The exact quote from your message on April 11, at 9:57 am is copied
below. I don't see anything about a bugcatcher coil.

The coil being discussed is a bugcatcher coil modeled in EZNEC.

Since the Corum paper highlighted the limitation for applicability of
the magic formula it is possible he thought that the limitation might be
important.

The limitation that Dr. Corum highlighted was the failure of the
lumped circuit model when the coil is self-resonant. He says that
when we are within 17% of self-resonance, the lumped circuit model
fails. Have you anything besides faith to prove that your model
is valid within 60% of self-resonance?

Please describe the physics behind a radical change in velocity
factor (at the same frequency) when a coil is cut in half.
--
73, Cecil http://www.qsl.net/w5dxp